You can learn a little more about The Basque Country which is located in the North of Spain, Europe by wathing this video.
So, in order to take a brief outlook of this amazing place, have a look at those pictures, please, and ask the following questions:
- Classify the video images by topics. Name, at least, three of them.
- Identify, at least, five places, buildings or monuments you can watch on this animation.
- Speaking about gastronomy, make a menu by the photos you can see: First course, Second course and Dessert.
- Going on cooking, name, at least, one of each type and list the ingredients which are neccesary to cook them.
- Talking about sports, which sports are popular in The Basque Country? Are they played in other places all over the world? Where? Name, at least, three of them.
- Football is also a very important sport there (like in other countries). Write a short essay telling who the main football teams are, where they are, and to which cities they belong.
- Listening to music, the song we listen to is called “Oriko Xoria” (The Yellow Bird) and it is played by a famous Basque folk group called “Oskorri”. Find some information about who they are, which instrument they play…
- About who they are from, and when they retired…
- Name, at least, five famous songs of this group.
- What are the most popular music instruments in The Basque Country’s festivals?